Due: Wednesday, April 4, at the beginning of class
Turn-In: Bring your marked-up paper copy to class.
- Go into DropBox/GWRJ-information/articles_to_proofread. These are your classmates’ clean versions (as they uploaded them) of the Stage 3-4 edits.
- Choose an article by a DIFFERENT AUTHOR than the one you copy edited for Stages 1-4. (e.g., if you chose Phillips’ tattoo article for copy-editing, you CANNOT proofread any of the clean versions of Phillips’ tattoo article done by your classmates.)
- Print the article.
- Using the GWRJ style guide and your own style guide choices from your report assignment as style references, hand-mark any remaining changes to the text using the proofreading marks from Chapter 13.
- Mark your name in pencil/pen on the top-right of your marked-up copy.
- Another student will input your changes into the clean documents next week in class as part of an in-class assignment. (This prompts you to be assured, and neat, in your corrections.)